Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10 Years of Interior Design

It's hard for me to believe it's been 10 years since I took my first big step towards my career in interior design. Those 10 years have been nothing short of exciting and fulfilling in more ways than I could have possibly imagined.

"I always tell new designers that there is nothing like working for free to really love your work. Ten years ago I answered a Kitchen Designer challenge at a local teen center.
I'm guessing I had a little more time on my hands than the other designers as I had never had a client, but that didn't seem to bother them. And how grateful I was that they took a chance on me.
What an adventure! I worked with most talented, generous, and hardworking group of volunteers anyone could imagine. From utility closet to gourmet kitchen in a month and for some, the first time they had a kitchen of their own.

Through the years we have designed everything from 50's diners to family-centered kitchens; 10,000 sq foot clubhouses to cozy cottages; barns, romantic bedrooms, sexy bathrooms, and outdoor oasis'. The diversity would make Lewis Carroll proud!

10,000 sq. ft. clubhouse at Seaglass Village, ME

One of my favorite, sexy bathrooms...complete with an Ecosmart fireplace! Dreamy!

There's nothing like designing a stunning backyard oasis like this one!


One of the many cozy cottages I have designed over the years!
 
A spiral staircase from the 1850's barn renovation I designed. One of my all-time favorite projects!
And through it all the shining star has always been you.
You make everyday a "get to".  A passion, a love, and a pleasure.
 
I am eternally grateful to have the best clients on earth. And I look forward to many more decades of curious, thoughtful, and energetic designs, inspired by your wildest dreams."
Cheers!

Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment