Tuesday, August 26, 2014

So long summer...

While it certainly feels like summer today, for many of us on the east coast, our kids have already started back at school. If you are like me, there's a part of you that's just not ready to give up the playfulness of long summer days. However, I must admit, the other side of my brain takes a bit of comfort in the new, more predictable schedule that back to school brings.


For many years, I have sort of viewed back to school as a "New Years" celebration of sorts...new beginnings, a fresh start, a new season, you name it! It also makes me feel like it's time to get a bit more organized. Having just returned from vacation I found myself cleaning out my fridge, calling the carpet cleaner, then realizing it just can't be saved...so I called the carpet installer. You get my point, it's time to do a little "spring cleaning" in the fall! Take advantage of the good weather and get your deep cleaning done now. That way you can face Old Man Winter in the comfort of your clean and organized home. 

Since I'm a girl who loves a check list, just so I can cross stuff off as I go, I loved this handy "Fall Cleaning Checklist" from +Real Simple . Click here to see the list!

Or, if you are a real go-getter, check out the very thorough checklist from +Lil Blue Boo ...it's the "Mother of All Checklists" Click here to check it out!

Plan to use the days with cooler temps to take care of your outdoor chores. Soon you won't need your hoses or outdoor furniture (insert sad face here).

If the task of deep cleaning your home seems a little daunting, do what my assistant is planning on doing. Pick one day per week to be your "deep clean" day. Then pick a room or an area to focus on and get it done!

And don't forget to take care of your car. Vacuum out all the beach sand, get an oil change, fill the windshield fluid, etc. You want your wheels to be clean and ready for all of your fall decorating finds!

Good luck with your fall cleaning! Check back next week for more design tips from +Mandeville Canyon Designs!

Best,

Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment