Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dare to go there....


This March has proved to be one the coldest springs I can remember. Really? A possible snowstorm this week? What have we done to Mother Nature to deserve this kind of weather? While I can commiserate with neighbors and pretty much everyone I come in contact with, the fact is, there's nothing we can do about the weather. What we can do though, is force a little sunshine and spring into our everyday lives.

One of my all time favorite sayings is, "Change your attitude, change your life." Isn't it so true? The power we have over the course of our own lives is remarkable, yet often ignored. Being aware of how you feel and how you present yourself to the world each day is critical in your success.

So how does that pertain to interior design you ask? Well, let's take your bedroom for example. It's the place where you begin and end your every day. So shouldn't your room color and décor represent the feeling you want to embrace?  So many clients choose paint colors haphazardly, without thinking about the mood or feeling they want for each room. I love this article on Fresh Home. It gives such great insight on the effects of color and mood. So while you're stuck inside for a few more weeks, give your bedroom a make-over. Try a color you never dared to before. And, for an added touch of spring, always add flowers!

Here are some of my favorite bedrooms that I've designed. You can find more of my designs on my website, Mandeville Canyon Designs or on Houzz where I am a featured Design Pro. So you see, instead of the standard neutral colors, I went with something a little more vibrant, but that you can still settle your brain and get a good nights rest in.


This room proved to me and to my client that small spaces do not need to be small on color!


These two rooms embrace a soothing and coastal feeling. They are fresh and airy and definitely somewhere I'd want to lay my head to rest.


And for the more lively bunch, here's some real color! It can be invigorating and fun in the morning and warm and cozy in the evenings. It's the magic light and color. 


So go ahead, dare to be different. Dare to explore the possibilities. I think you'll love what you discover.


Colorfully yours,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment